17th March University of Deusto in Bilbao (Auditorium). Fatherhood Reflections from feminism, research and proposals
08:45-09:30. Registration of participants.
09:30-10:00 h. Start of the conference
- Cristina Iturrioz. Vice-rector of Research and Transfer at the University of Deusto.
- Izaskun Landaida. Director of Emakunde, Basque Women’s Institute
- Iñigo Pombo. Councillor for Social Action of the City of Bilbao.
- Lide Amilibia. Deputy Minister for Social Policies, Department of Employment and Social Policies at the Basque Government.
10:00-10:15. Kirmen Uribe´s performance.
10:15-11:00. Framework paper: “Trasnformative fatherhood and motherhood: from autonomy to dependence”.
- María Jesús Izquierdo. Doctor of Economics. Teacher in Sociological Theory at the Universitat Autónoma in Barcelona.
Moderator: María Silvestre. PhD in sociology and political science. Professor and researcher at the University of Deusto.
11:00- 11:15. Question and answer session with the public.
11:15-12:00. Presentation of the research “Basque father´s involvement in parenting: impact on co-responsibility and on productive work”.
- Toñi Caro. Director of the International Research Project Office at the University of Deusto
- Leire Gartzia. Chief researcher at the University of Deusto.
- Ritxar Bacete. Research coordinator. Anthropologist. Specialist in gender and paternity.
Moderator: José Javier Miguel de la Huerta. Director of Family and Community Policy of the Basque Government
12:00- 12:15. Question and answer session with the public.
12:45-13:45. Symposium. “Paternities under construction, power and intergenerational care.”
- Paco Abril. “Paternities under construction”. President of Homes Igualitaris Catalunya – AHIGE, Girona and UOC Universities.
- José Ángel Lozoya. Masculinity and care for the elderly “. Gender Specialist. Network of Men for Equality.
- Octavio Salazar. “Paternitiees, identitiesand power.”Professor ofConstitutional Law at theUniversity of
Moderation: Ander Bergara. Gizonduz Program´s coordinator. Emakunde- Basque Institute for Women.
13:45-14:00 h. Question and answer session with the public.
14:00 h. Farewell and closing day of Bilbao.